- Mathematical Center in Akademgorodok
Center's educational seminars
Mathematical center in Akademgorodok conducts educational activities at all levels of education.
In 2019, with the support of the Center, a number of new undergraduate programs were initiated:
- Fundamental mathematics research group (read more in Russian)
- School of Engineering (on the infrastructure side, the project is also supported by the project 5-100 directed at improving competitiveness of Russian higher education institutions on the global market, read more in Russian)
In 2019, as part of the Center's activities, a significant transformation of traditional master's programs for the specialties “Mathematics” and “Mathematics and Computer Science” was carried out. The English-language master's program “Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics” is constantly being improved.
In 2019–2020 continuing education programs for children and adults are being implemented, such as
- Winter School for Young Mathematician “Lobachevsky” (December 2019 – January 2020) organized jointly with the SSC of NSU
- Continuing education programs “How to teach modern graph theory in higher education institutions” (November – December 2019), “How to teach modern computability theory in higher education institutions” (November – December 2019), “How to teach modern geometry in higher education institutions” (February – March 2020);
- Project-based learning program "Succession pool of the Mathematical Center in Akademgorodok" (December 2019 – June 2020).
The Center also conducts internships and short-term educational events, including
- Open lectures and courses at the Novosibirsk Computer Science Club;
- Seminars on inverse problems (reports presented by A. Alekseenko and S. Kabanikhin);
- Mini-courses (A. Buryak, “Moduli spaces of algebraic curves with marked points”, I. Panin “Geometry of projective spaces and characteristic classes”, read more in Russian);
- The Sovenok mathematical club of the NSU and events organized by the club, for example, the Siberian MathFest (March 1, 2020).
If you want to become a partner of the Mathematical Center in Akademgorodok in implementing educational projects and programs, you are welcome to send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org